RSE School Counselors
Mrs. Haley Dye, firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a school counselor? A school counselor is a masters level certified, trained, and caring professional who works with all students, parents, teachers, staff and the community, in order for every student to achieve academic and social success.
How are school counseling services delivered at RSE?
- Classroom Counseling Curriculum- teaching classroom lessons to all students on topics such as social/emotional, academic, and career needs.
- Individual Student Planning- assisting students with goal formation/planning (behavioral, academic, etc.)
- Responsive Services- meeting immediate student needs: counseling, crisis intervention, consultation, referral, and peer mediation.
- System Support- consulting with other professionals, coordination of various supports for students and families.
How does your child experience school counseling services?
- Individual Counseling - We provide a safe and confidential environment for students to discuss many topics regarding their social/emotional needs, career goals as well as academic success. Some topics that we may discuss include: friendship issues, stress, time management, goal-setting, academic planning, bullying, family changes, social skills, organization, career exploration and development of problem solving skills.
- Small Group Counseling- A process where students sharing similar issues or concerns work together in a small group environment consisting of about 4-8 peers. The group sessions usually last about 30 minutes and are held for approximately 6-8 weeks. Topics are based on the needs of the students and may include: divorce or changing families, grief and loss, friendship and social skills, study skills, conflict resolution, anger management, self-esteem, and stress-management.
- Classroom Counseling lessons- We develop and implement K-5 classroom curriculum driven by national and county school counseling outcomes. We often co-plan and co-teach lessons with other professionals in the building to support social and emotional growth across curricular areas. Classroom lessons are a part of the related arts rotation and address social/emotional, academic, and career-related needs at the child's developmental level.
- Academic Interventions - We provide many academic interventions to enhance student success. We work individually with students on their time management skills, study skills and organization. We occasionally conduct classroom observations or complete weekly assessments of student's academic progress. We work with teachers to provide supplementary interventions unique to each student's specific needs, in order to ensure that every student will excel to their highest academic potential.
Attend today, achieve tomorrow!