Distance Learning Day - Teacher Planning Day, Oct. 13th
Good afternoon Rock Springs Elementary families!
We will be entering the 2nd 9 weeks when we return from fall break. As some of our distant learners begin returning, we will be making some logistical changes so that we are supporting all students and teachers in the best way possible. There will be a few changes to classrooms as we bring distant learning teachers back to the traditional classroom. Teachers have contacted all families that are experiencing a change.
On Monday, October 12th and Tuesday, October 13th, all distant learners will access assignments on our RSE Webpage. Distant Learning teachers will send out zoom links for DL students either through dojo or email. This will allow us a chance to ensure all rosters are correct and connections in Kiddom are set for Wednesday.
Distant learning students returning to a traditional setting will need to return loaned devices and textbooks upon their return.
Traditional students will come home on Monday with a paper packet for Tuesday.
Please take note of some important dates and activities happening the first week back from fall break.
- October 12th – students return from fall break to a traditional or distant learning setting
- October 13th –No school- distance learning day for all students. Distant learners and their families will have the opportunity to meet with their distant learning teachers through zoom. Teachers will go over expectations and answer questions.
- Traditional students will receive a paper packet on Monday to complete on Tuesday.
- Distant Learners will find assignments for Monday and Tuesday only on our school webpage. Assignments will be posted on Kiddom starting on Wednesday, October 14th once all rosters have been adjusted.
- Updated Distant Learning Expectations have been posted on our school website.
- Our distant learning teachers will go into further detail of the expectations on Tuesday, October 13th.
- October 15th Report cards will go out
Schedule for October 13th
7:30-7:40 Principal introduction (this will be a recording)
7:40-9:45 Teachers will be available to meet with distant learning families to answer questions and provide help. Each distant learning teacher will send out their zoom links for the meeting through dojo or email.
For tech support, contact Sydni Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org (school level support)
Distance Learning help line- 615-893-5815 ext. 22196 and 22197
Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM